Jetty 9.4 Support (#1993)¶
As Jetty 9.3 cannot run Java 9 code (in particular due to ASM problems #1785), we need to upgrade to Jetty 9.4.8, the first Java 9 compatible version.
How to Retrieve Dependencies¶
Clone or copy POM of jetty-home
Use "mvn install dependency:sources"
How to Upgrade¶
- Update all Jetty Server JARs (from the distribution) and integrate source JARs from maven central (see above)
- Update optional modules (as far as supported in Z2 already):
- JNDI (actually mail and JTA)
- Review upgrade information on module config changes
- An environment split to reduce duplication in (e.g.) sample environments might be advised
- Include a test with webServer local config / properties files refered from Jetty config.
Updated by Henning Blohm about 5 years ago · 8 revisions