This project is for the development of z2-environment version 3.0.
Version 3.0 is a major refactoring release of z2 with new repository code lines and complete package renaming.
Check out the roadmap at roadmap
Essential Differences between v2.3 and v3.¶
- All the typical declarations and package names are no longer com.zfabrik.<something> but rather org.z2env.<something>
- The <z2 home> layout is completely new and more flexible
- The essential component types that can be invoked from the core is system state and main program.
- While Jetty is still contained to support Eclipsoid and z2Unit, we support a pre-installed Tomcat as application container (and with TomEE would even get a Java EE profile)
- The core is lighter and more dedicated.
- There will be substantially less built-in application support like
- a local JTA implementation
- No worker suppport without a corresponding add-on.
- Make the essential parts of z2 more accessible and easier to understand: While z2 previously started System Centric, we now close the gap from the ordinary main program.
- Increase the OSS flavor of z2
- Fix Eclipsoid templates
- Support MVNCR, also for distributions